Local Union 306 is actually the fourth local union of the IBEW to be chartered in Akron. Local Union 89 was the first local to be chartered on November 27, 1899. Just eight years after the founding of the IBEW, this local functioned until January, 1905.
On March 31, 1905, Local Union II was granted a charter; we have no record as to when this local went defunct. Local Union 220 was chartered on July 15, 1914 and continued in operation until September 25, 1925. Seven months later on April 17, 1926, Local Union 306 was granted a charter in Akron and has continued to the present day through the hard work and effort of its dedicated members. As a result, we celebrated our 75th Anniversary in April of 2001.